Friday, January 14, 2011

HTC Touch Diamond 2 problem

This phone has been nothing but trouble since I got it. The joy of owning a sparkling new phone lasted just about 2 days. My first problem was that from time the time the phone just couldn't be woken up without removing and reinserting the battery. This turned out to be a software problem which I fixed after a while.

My second problem is that the "SMS received" sound sometimes doens't play until I turn on the screen. What's that all about? Probably firmware related...

The third and biggest problem is that the receiver speaker is acting up and I sometimes can't hear a thing. This cold be due to a cold solder joint or it could be a bad speaker. Definitely something I can't solve myself so I'll have the phone repaired. Hope it doesn't last long.

0 comments: