Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Logitech G5: First Impressions

Today I unpacked my brand new Logitech G5 rev.2 gaming mouse. Packaging is as always standard Logitech, no surprises here. The mouse itself looks and feels very much like my old MX510. Compared to the old G5 it now has two thumb buttons, the same as MX510. The texture is a bit rough which is a bit unusual but is quite comfortable. As far as the weight system goes, I think it's a good idea. I'm currently using four 4.5g weights as well as four 1.7g weights and I think that's just about perfect. The only thing I'm not too crazy about is the mouse wheel which feels wobbly and sticky compared to MX510. You also have to be careful to press it in the middle or it won't click at all! I guess this will take some getting used to. Apart from the middle-button issue, I give this mouse thumbs up! :)



Photo: Wikipedia

0 comments: